*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344266-5-year-olds-and-writing
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#344266 added April 29, 2005 at 7:13pm
Restrictions: None
5 year olds and writing
I got a lot done yesterday, even remembered to wrap the presents. *Smile* Today I can't believe I'm the mother of a five year old. She's grown up so much, I swear yesterday, she was just a baby. I can't really be old enough to have a five year old daughter. I can't believe how young and perhaps a little stupid I was to get into the motherhood thing. It seems silly to think that at 17 I made a choice like that. But I'm glad, I wouldn't change it for anything.

We'll be opening presents shortly, after I've done my journal entry today. I invited her best friend Zachery and his mother and sister over to play today and they'll be here later. I baked a cake and cupcakes and made up some jelly cups last night. Thinking about it now I could probably have managed a party on my own, but then my house is only just passible enough for one or two guests not a horde of kids. *Wink*

This morning I got a little more of the meet the family out of the way. Introduced Kayle's fears a bit more and reflected on how strong Emma was being. Jake's falling more and more in love with her and Emma loves the warmth and kindhearted humor of his family. Things are really coming along.

Now, no more chatting today, you'll just have to accept those few details. Today is for my daughter. *Smile* G'bye till tomorrow.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344266-5-year-olds-and-writing