*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344069-Selling-on-eBay-Meeting-the-family-and-Birthdays
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#344069 added April 28, 2005 at 7:55pm
Restrictions: None
Selling on eBay, Meeting the family and Birthdays
I'm really revving myself up today to try and write this entry. I'm hungry and it's getting late already so I need to keep it fairly short. Last night was pretty good. I went to bed at nearly midnight after my late night program (Stargate: Atlantis) finished. I closed the door behind me so the room was really dark and Josh stayed asleep until about 4AM. That's 4 hours of sleep before he wouldn't stop crying which is much better than usual. Perhaps the darkness helps.

Yesterday I listed some items on eBay. I recently introduced eBay to my mother and she's swiftly become addicted. She listed an item for sale on Tuesday and has a bunch of people watching it and one bid on it already. I listed a few things I'd been meaning to list yesterday but as yet, there has been no interest. I guess I have to be patient, I mean what I listed is rather common on the site so I probably won't get much interest till the last day when it finally reaches the front page on searches.

It's Kaylie's Birthday tomorrow. I better wrap up the presents I got her. Most of them came from eBay. A whole bunch of Hairy Maclary (Lynley Dodd) books and video's. She loves Hairy Maclary. *Smile* I will have to make sure I wrap them up while she's at school today. We'll be seeing her father (my ex) tonight for a short while. He's visiting after work so it gives him about an hour before they are due in bed. I plan on getting him to take us up to Armadale for dinner (which reminds me I better dig about for some money since I'm cutting it fine until payday on Monday) I decided not to do a party thing since all her family is working Saturday and I have no car to get anywhere. I don't want to entertain here at the house, it's just too daunting on my own.

I found my 20 minutes this morning a strain. I didn't do enough planning. I should have scheduled some time yesterday to outline details about Jake's family. Trouble was, my mother visited and we spend more time on errands and house cleaning than I had hoped. I was pleased with the effort however so I can't complain. We got a lot done.

But it did make this mornings scene difficult as I had to think up some details on the spot. Names for example. My head was going off on a J tangent, Jake, Joseph, John, Jordan, Jaccine, Jessica, Jane. I couldn't use all of those so I ended up changing a few. Instead of his mother being Jessica we have Martha, Gordan instead of Jordan, Michael instead of John etc. Now the collection of names is much more reasonable. It would look strange to have everyone's name begin with the same letter.

Martha is delightful. I really like writing her and so is Darcy and Yvonne for that matter. I think some really great characters have come up here. It's a shame I can't get into them more than the gloss needed to make Sunday successful. Perhaps their stories will be told in the future in other novels.

*sighs* Well run out of time but I guess I ended up with a decent entry considering I begun by not wanting to bother. Now to get onto the day ahead, eat some breakfast because I'm starving and get Kaylie off to school. *Smile* Enjoy yourselves everyone.

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/344069-Selling-on-eBay-Meeting-the-family-and-Birthdays