*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343865-I-love-mail-more-games-and-that-darn-timer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#343865 added April 27, 2005 at 8:02pm
Restrictions: None
I love mail, more games and that darn timer
I absolutely love to get mail; when it's got my name on it. That obviously excludes all the junk mail that comes out addressed, dear resident or sometimes with no address at all, just something that everyone got with their mail. I love electronic mail too so long as it's personally to me not some great conglomerate spamaid.

I don't get very much mail which is probably one of the reasons I love it so much. In fact I love snail mail even more than electronic mail. I should get myself a few snail mail penpals. People who like to carry on as much as I do on the page. *Smile*

This week has been great for mail. In fact I love eBay because it makes my mail all the more exciting. *Smile* On Tuesday I recieved a game in the regular mail, it was registered so I had to sign for it. Then I figured that was it for the mail that day but that evening I recieved two more delivered to my door (in Australia we have letter boxes out the front of the house at the end of the driveway, I know in some places your mail comes in a slot in your front door etc.) It was two books for Kaylie and another game for me.

Yesterday I got another parcel in the regular mailbox mail. Another game for me. The mail was more exciting than the game however so I'm thinking that game will probably go back onto eBay *Wink* It is a fairly old game and it's surprisingly hard to get the hang of. The controls are difficult and awkward. They really have made leaps and bounds in the game designing industry these last ten years.

This morning I did my writing again. I was still struggling with the house concept, I settled on a couple more details such as a horseshoe driveway and offwhite exterior. So instead of getting into detail about the house I introduced Jake's vibrant, famous actress, sister, Jaccine. She flew home from L.A. (to Australia where the book is set) ultimately because an ex-actor ex-boyfriend is stalking her but the rest of the family don't know that yet. I suppose I should have Emma ask if she could write an article/interview with Jaccine. She could definately make use of the introduction for her writing career. *Wink*

The writing was pretty easy once I got into things. I had to look up an earlier scene because I didn't clip the information about Jake's family from it. Details like his mother lived an hour north which means his three brothers live nearby because they just drove an hour north. *Smile* His sister Jaccine lives in L.A. etc. and Carla, the hostess of The Dating Game is his other sister. Good stuff to know because in this chapter I'll need to reinforce that information. Carla will have to have come up to join them and Emma already knows her. We'll meet his artist mother and his three farmer brothers and their wives and kids. Sounds a rowdy affair *Smile* Lots of fun. *Bigsmile*

But that's in the coming tomorrows. Today I forgot to start my timer again. I know I wrote for more than the twenty minutes because it got flowing quite well. I also know that I paused the writing to look up the information needed. Ultimately it all came together well but I hate forgetting my timer, it's frustrating. I like to hear it ring and know I've accomplished my goal. It was not a drama this time because I know I put the full twenty minutes in. I'll have to keep my timer in a more prominent position so I don't forget it tomorrow. The reason I forget it is because I've got it tucked away so the kids don't play with it. Darn timer. *Wink*

Now I suppose it's onward to the day ahead. Time to get Kaylie ready for school and spend the day with my mother. More errands and a little housework. Hopefully not to much of either. *Bigsmile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343865-I-love-mail-more-games-and-that-darn-timer