*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343492-Agony-of-house-repairs
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#343492 added April 26, 2005 at 8:37am
Restrictions: None
Agony of house repairs
Two months ago the city inspector came to our house. This was so our landlord could renew his rental license. During the inspection she stated that our half bath would need a fan put in the ceiling. We all found this ridiculous, but figured while they are putting one in the half bath might as well install one in the main bathroom.

Simple enough request...so I thought. Our lazy maintentance guy, which I've complained about in earlier entries, is the one that was in charge of finding someone to do the job. He found someone just as lazy as him...imagine that!!

A week and a half ago two guys come to our place to check out the job. They were there for about 45 minutes and said they'd call in a couple days to schedule a time to come do the job. Everything was sounding good so far.

We got the call and they were scheduled to come out to our place yesterday between 10:30 and 11:00. Perfect, it is a Monday...I can have an extended weekend!! *Smile* Hmmm, not exactly how it happened.

They showed up just after 11am...I was impressed. 11:40ish they told me they made their shopping list and would need to run to the store. Hello, what was the purpose of their last 45 minute visit...just to look at the house?! *Confused* In addition, they had to make a stop at a job they started on Friday and would be back between 3pm & 4pm. Not making my day, but I said okay. At about 4:50pm they showed up and brought an additional guy. Cool, 3 guys two fans, they should be done in no time. Not exactly!!

During the next 2 1/2 hours I could hear them fighting and trying to tell each other how to do the job. One guy was shocked twice. Does this sound like the work of a professional????? *Confused* Around 7:30ish they finished cleaning up and came to let us know they would need to come back. During the almost 3 hours they were there they were only able to finish part of one fan. I was not happy and it took all my energy to hold back my building attitude. When he sensed my attitude he tried putting the blame on me for taking the day off. HELLO, if you knew you wouldn't get it done, why not reschedule it stupid little man!!!! *Angry*

Needless to say they will be coming back today after I get off work, provided it is not raining that is. UGGHHH!!!!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343492-Agony-of-house-repairs