*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343297-Gaining-insight
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#343297 added April 25, 2005 at 8:02am
Restrictions: None
Gaining insight
Friday night Mark and I had both decided we were going to stay home and have a couple drinks. To entertain ourselves we chose to pull out one of our games...we have a closet full. What can I say we are dorks that like to play games with alcohol!! *Smile*

As we started playing the first game he mentioned that he forgot he had told Dominic he would call to invite him over if we ended up staying home. So I encouraged him to call him. His phone was off. This drove Mark nuts. He must have called him back every 5 or 10 minutes for at least 1/2 hour. Finally about 1 1/2 hours after the first call Dominic called him back and agreed to come over to play games with us...mind you, this was at midnight.

It was very interesting to watch the two of them interact with one another. Kinda like when teenagers have that first crush and they are flirty with one another but think they are keeping it hidden. Too funny!!!

During one of Mark's smoke breaks...he has to smoke outside...Dominic and I had a little conversation. This was great!!! I reassured him that I could tell Mark had an interest in him and somehow I asked him if they had "the talk." He told me that he promied Mark he wouldn't say anything. Hello...that tells me something right there. I told him I understood and that he didn't have to tell me anything. That I was 95% sure about him, but I was 100% sure he (Mark) wouldn't tell me. He said I was right that Mark would never tell me. Gee, what does that say right there?! *Confused* The other thing I found a little funny is when Dominic told me that he asked Mark if he thought I knew anything and Mark told him no. I should get an award for my acting abilities if that is the case...aparently I am good at playing naive. *Wink*

Oh, one other thing I forgot to mention. After Mark made the first call to Dominic he started telling me about a conversation the two of them had. Somehow I came up during their conversation and Mark told Dominic I was his best friend and that I was very good to him. For the 4 1/2 - 5 years I have known Mark I have never really known where I stood with him. I could assume, but still had doubt. Those words meant a lot to me. And knowing that he realizes how good I am too him made me realize he does appreciate me more than I ever thought. Life was very good that night!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343297-Gaining-insight