*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343026-Addicted-to-Playboy-and-power-failures
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#343026 added April 23, 2005 at 7:27pm
Restrictions: None
Addicted to Playboy and power failures
Ok, so I freely admit that I'm dangerously addicted to this new game. Playboy: The Mansion. It's a simulation game (one of my favorite types of games) and it's based on the life of Hugh Hefner, the creator of the magazine, Playboy. In the game you live in his mansion. You have to hire staff, journalists, photographers, and Playboy models and bunnies. Get them to write articles take pictures. You have parties inviting all the most famous, actors, writers, politicians, supermodels, scientists etc. Chat them up and get them to give you an interview or a cover shoot or take them to the nearest horizontal surface for a bit of hanky panky (usually as well as getting your scoop *Wink*

There are specific goals set up that you have to accomplish as well as getting out the monthly issues of Playboy. These goals follow events from Hef's life. As rewards for accomplishing goals you get new items and build extensions to the mansion. The grotto is great, it's a huge cave extended to the existing pool with a spa in it. I wish I had a mansion with a grotto. *Smile*

So, despite good intensions to just complete one more goal, or get out one more copy, or finish this last party, the game hooked me in until about 10PM when I decided I had better get off the computer so I could shower and get to bed. Josh was restless as I was headed to bed so I got him up to give him a feed but he fussed a fair bit. Maybe he's teething.

Just as I decided to stay up to watch the late movie until he settled down again the power went out. Figures, so here I am with a restless baby, nearing midnight, with no lights. Not the easiest of situations obviously.

Thankfully I keep a torch handy, it has a LED light that keeps flashing so I can see it in the dark. It came in really handy last night because it was the only light in the room. Blinking away on top of the computer tower. I took Josh and the torch back to bed and lay there with him trying to coax him to sleep. With no lights and no noise he seemed to drift right off.

After he was in bed I crashed into mine and slept until he woke up about 5AM this morning. The power was back and had been for a few hours according to the time passed on my blinking clock. Josh was fully awake and I was still barely functioning. So after his feet he pushed himself off the bed and trooped down the hallway to wake his sister up. I was beyond caring, at least if she was awake they would play together and I could doze for a little longer.

Two restless nights, mostly caused by this ensnaring game and a possibly teething baby. *sighs* I feel terrible. But I did get my 20 minutes down as usual. *Smile* The zoo trip is finally finished. Tomorrow is saying goodbye at the doorstep or maybe I'll have him come inside, I haven't decided yet. Going to think about it today as I play host to my family for our Sunday lunch/dinner (at my house this time, interspersed with them house hunting through the home opens). *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/343026-Addicted-to-Playboy-and-power-failures