*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342553-Growing-Wiseror-just-getting-older
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#342553 added April 21, 2005 at 2:07pm
Restrictions: None
Growing Wiser...or just getting older
After reading an email I received from my aunt yesterday I started thinking. I have come to realize I have held too high of expectations for friends and family I am close to. I've realized that although I am a very chatty person and love to talk and stay caught up on everyone's lives by email, phone or whatever resource, that they in turn don't necessarily feel the same.

In the past this has hurt my feelings and made me feel I was putting forth all the effort to remain in contact with little return effort. This also made me feel that maybe I was pushing for a closeness that was not a mutual feeling. At times I even thought to give up.

I now know that just because someone does not hold my desire to chat as often does not mean they like me any less, it is just who they are. This may sound like complete logic and very simplistic to most, but for me...this is a huge break through!!! *Smile*

So to all you that may read this and have felt my guilt trips here and there as I picked on you for not staying in touch as often as I would like...I apologize. If you can except me for being overly chatty I can accept you for being you as well!!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/342553-Growing-Wiseror-just-getting-older