*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/340979-One-Step-Forward-Two-Steps-Back
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#340979 added April 13, 2005 at 8:12am
Restrictions: None
One Step Forward Two Steps Back
Last night after grocery shopping Mark and I decided instead of going for a walk we would try my new cardio dvd I bought. By the way, if you want a dvd that will kick your butt...male or female...cardio and strength/weight training...I highly suggest Power 90!!!

Anyway, as I was getting the tv ready Mark's phone rang, he answered it and asked the caller if he could call them back in 1/2 hour. He hung up and I asked who it was, he said it was Dominic. Hmmmm, moved from email to the phone in just over a week. Then he said, "oh, I have to tell you something later." This is it, he is finally going to come out of the closet to me. I was so excited. All through my work out I kept thinking about how to respond. Should I acted surprised, say that I already knew or keep cool and just say oh really????

Work out is done and I cannot stop thinking about his comment. So once we catch our breath and figure out what we'll be eating for dinner I ask him, "so what was it you were going to tell me." He stopped for a minute and said, "ya know what is weird? Dominic mentioned he was having a date tonight with a girl. It was one of his friends that set him up with his cousin. Now I'm confused." Not exactly what I was hoping for, but we did chat on the topic for a few minutes and I reassured him I knew he was gay without any doubts and explained how I knew. Then he went outside to smoke and call Dominic back. Dinner was done so I went to tell him, but he stayed outside talking for another 5 to 10 minutes. By that time I was done eating...I was hungry!! *Smile*

He came in and could not stop talking about Dominic. He did mention he was unsure about things with Dominic. I asked why and he said with the whole gay thing. I said what is to be unsure of, either Dominic is interested in you as a friend or more and he said that is what bothers him. I asked why, I said either you are interested in him as a friend or more. Of course I got the reply, "Oh no, I am not interested in more." WHAT??? How do you persue someone so strongly if you just want to be friends????? I think the whole date with a girl through him off and now he needs reassurance...DANG IT!!!!! I was so close!!!!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/340979-One-Step-Forward-Two-Steps-Back