*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339678-New-Friends
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#339678 added April 7, 2005 at 8:01am
Restrictions: None
New Friends
For the last week or so Mark and I have been gathering a group of people to go Salsa dancing, which is on Wednesday nights at a bar near our house...free 1 hour lesson, but $5.00 to get in. One of Mark's friends, Terrell, was even getting people from his work to go.

I get home from work and we hurry up and get dinner started knowing that Terrell was coming over right after work and not sure if anyone else would be stopping by before the lessons. By 6:30pm we were a little puzzled we had not heard from anyone and that Terrell had not made it over. So Mark started making phone calls.

1st person backed out...she goes to college and enjoyed the weather instead of getting her homework done. I called the next person...backed out because she felt the need to go to bed early. Mark calls the next two people and gets voice mail. Around 7ish one person calls him back. She backed out because her back was bothering her. At that point we said forget it and decided to go have a couple drinks with my dad where he plays darts. At 8:50pm Terrell finally calls Mark back saying he had to run an errand for his mom, but would meet him up there if he wanted to go. Mind you the lessons begin at 8:30 and he lives at least 20 to 30 minutes away.

I could see if all these people were in their late fourty's with spouses and kids to be concerned about, but that is not the case. Matter of fact each person invited knew for over a week AND they are ALL single (well, one has just filed for divorce) without children. I just don't get it!!! *Confused*

I guess it worked out well because I know it made my dad's night having us pop in like that.

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339678-New-Friends