*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339429-Rethinking-my-emotions
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#339429 added April 6, 2005 at 8:19am
Restrictions: None
Rethinking my emotions
Last night when I got home from working out I was greated with a surprise. Mark knew what a bad day I was having and to comfort me he went out and bought us some drinks to enjoy on our warmest day of the year so far. This may not sound like much, but Mark is typically a selfish person and rather tight fisted when it comes to spending...on others anyway. He also informed me that two of his friends would be stopping over in a bit. I had a hair appointment, which soon after his friends arrived I had to leave to go to.

When I returned the four of us sat outside enjoying the weather, drinks and company. I of course felt the need to share my run of bad luck. Tre, one of Mark's friends, said something that made me realize how I was overreacting to this. Not in these exact words he mentioned there are people that are not able to own a car to worry about someone hitting it or receiving a ticket in it, there are people that do not have to worry about owing the IRS because they are unable to find a job, there are people laying in their homes or hospitals simply wishing they had better health even if it is for one day. When I thought about that I started feeling very spoiled and ungrateful for all that I do have and realized everyone has their good and bad times, but the bad times are never for that long and God will never give you more than you can handle (I'm not overly religious, but I do believe in God and all the things he does).

Oh, and no this was not a drunken night with us slurring deep thoughts, it was just a couple drinks, but good conversation!! *Smile*

So with all that said, I apologize to any of you that spent the time reading my entry from yesterday while I whined about my bad luck. I will deal with what I have to face and in the end become a stronger, wiser person...hopefully! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339429-Rethinking-my-emotions