*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339211-Telling-the-truth
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#339211 added April 5, 2005 at 7:48am
Restrictions: None
Telling the truth
The other day my grandpa had surgery. He went in thinking it was to remove one poll-up; however, they found two tumors that turned out to be cancerous. As my grandparents are deaf, they rely on their family to interpret the information the doctors are providing them.

The siblings, my father, aunts and uncle, decided they would wait until my grandpa was out of the hospital before they let him know just how serious his condition was/is. Today is the big day. One of my aunts will be going to my grandparents to explain the real details of everything.

This may sound easy enough; however, with my grandparents being deaf there are many details that get missed or misinterpretted. I just pray that things will go well and they will fully understand and be able to be comforted by my aunt. I know my dad will be going there a little later in the day...when he gets off work...so between them both hopefully it will go smoothly.

Tomorrow he goes back to the doctors to check up on the area he had surgery. Not sure if there are any results he may get or any additional tests he will be taking, but they thought he should know the truth before he meets with the doctor again. Good thinking, eh?!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/339211-Telling-the-truth