*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338957-The-Birthday-PartyScary-Part
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#338957 added April 4, 2005 at 3:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Birthday Party...Scary Part
After talking with Dorthea for a while she decided to buy everyone a shot...21 oatmeal cookies coming up. After doing the shots we were chatting a bit more and she said she was going to get some water. A few minutes later Mark is hitting my arm telling me to look at the floor. After the people moved out of my way I noticed Dorthea was laying face down on the floor.

My back had been to her so I was not certain what was going on, but it did not look good. Finally people started paying attention and we got her flipped over. One person was trying to lift her head, but Sue and I yelled at her to put her head down and chin up to make sure she was breathing...one thing I remember from my CPR class.

After a few minutes she was asking to get up, so everyone helped her up and sat her in a chair. We were getting her some water and then she passed out again while sitting in the chair. Thankfully people were close enough to grab her before falling to the ground. We did lay her back down and were told that an ambulence was on its way. We had her lay on the floor until it arrived. They asked her some questions and then helped her up and walked her to the ambulence for examination. After a few minutes she walked out of the ambulence and went to her car and had Dominic drive her home.

The only information I knew was she had not eaten dinner and they said she is not diabetic...oh and that she typically can out drink anyone. I am truly hoping she goes to the doctors this week for further testing/blood work. It was not the type of passing out from being too drunk, it was the cold sweat completely out of it passing out. I know that from experience...I pass out (not from drinking) very easily.

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338957-The-Birthday-PartyScary-Part