*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338951-The-Birthday-PartyFunny-Part
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#338951 added April 4, 2005 at 8:03am
Restrictions: None
The Birthday Party...Funny Part
On Saturday my friend Sue invited Mark and I too one her friends' birthday parties. She, Mic, was turning 40 and needed all the support she could get to help forget about it even if for only one night. They decided to meet at the pool hall that is less than a mile from out house so how could we possibly say no?! *Smile*

It was pretty busy when we got there because of the basketball game being on and all, but we managed to claim 4 chairs at the bar and a small table with 8 chairs right by the bar. Mark happened to take one of the chairs while Sue and I stood near him. It had been about 1 hour or a little more and we greated multiple people as they came in and watched them move over the the table to mingle with others.

Two people that came in, Dorthea and Dominic, we were not introduced to, but they ended up standing not too far away. As Sue and I would talk with Mark we noticed his eyes keep wandering over to where Dorthea and Dominic stood. Sue mentioned to us that Dorthea was in her late 50's early 60's. This woman was 5'10" or a tad taller, black and beautiful. I would never have put her more than her late 30's early 40's. Apparently she worked with Mic and Dominic was her co-worker. Sue mentioned that Dominic is gay. As soon as Mark heard that, not even 2 minutes later he was ready to stand. Inside I was laughing so hard. He went to the bathroom and I mentioned it to Sue...I have talked to her about Mark and his hidden lifestyle.

The three of us did a shot as we were not included in the birthday shot done at the table, and then Mark suggested we mingle with the others. Hmmm, why would that be?! *Smile* Within 10 minutes or less of us moving to the table he was in conversation with Dorthea and then Dominic. Dominic moved away for something and ended up closer to where I was. We started talking and there came Mark. It was so hard to keep from laughing.

We have been planning to go back to Salsa lessons this Wednesday and Mark invited Dorthea and Dominic to go. I spoke with Sue yesterday and she is going to pass along Dominic's email address to Mark so he can give him directions...or whatever else they may chat about!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/338951-The-Birthday-PartyFunny-Part