*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/337060-Stress-reactions--Anger
Rated: ASR · Book · Self Help · #949483
Are temperament and Mental Health at all related? A positive, spiritual view of self.
#337060 added March 25, 2005 at 11:27pm
Restrictions: None
Stress reactions--Anger
Unlike the people of Melancholy and Phlegmatic temperaments, people of the two extroverted temperaments react to stress with anger. They are different, however, in their predictability and causes.

People of Choleric temperament are predictable in what causes them rage. I tell you this, not so you can incite wrath in one of them, but to see if this may be your way of reacting, and to show you why what you say to someone of this temperament is of vital importance. What angers them most is a questioning of their integrity, without tact. Now, many Cholerics will not mind taking criticism when it is pointed toward their deed, and not their person. It's not wise to personally attack a Choleric with words you can't defend, because you will be made to do so. They do want to improve themselves, but humility is not often their strong suit. They are self-sufficient, and abhor being told that they are wrong. Some of them are stubborn enough to stick to their guns, no matter how well you argue your point, and no matter how wrong they may be. They, also, cannot stand incompetence. Some of them resound cold, harsh words to those who they feel could be doing a better job at their tasks, no matter if the Choleric can perform them himself/herself, or not. Other Cholerics may be harsh in their words, but with a gentle anger, which will motivate others to do their tasks with confidence.

People of the Sanguine temperament are a bit more unpredictable in their anger. Each Sanguine has values he/she holds dear and is very passionate about. Unless you personally know what those values are, it is very hard to know what words of yours might violate those convictions. Sanguines need a wealth of attention, and they seek it out. They are the easiest to get to know, yet some of them are still screaming to be heard.

Sanguines can be emotionally unstable, and a chaotic environment may set them on edge without much effort from any one person. They are genuinely happy people, unless the tension in their environment stirs them otherwise. To anyone who doesn't know them, they are unpredictable in their moods, but to their friends, they are just them. Unlike the Melancholy, they do not hold their rantings inside, but rather boldly vent them aloud. It can sometimes bring on the attention they seek.


Are there any Sanguines and Cholerics out there who would find me in error about anything? Let me know, please.

© Copyright 2005 Beth Barnett (UN: angellove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beth Barnett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/337060-Stress-reactions--Anger