*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336927-Cops
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#336927 added March 25, 2005 at 7:53am
Restrictions: None
Cops
Yesterday late in the day I was given the option to come in to work today or not. Originally I had thought we were just getting off early I wasn't aware it would be an option, so I had already planned to get a project completed today, so I said I would come in. What was I thinking?!

As I am driving in this non-snowy, slightly warmer Good Friday I noticed many people stayed home or went out of town because traffic was very light. I got a call from a friend and happened to be chatting with him while driving my 20 mile drive on the expressway to work.

There they sit, two cops on the side of the road. Trying to fill a quota on Good Friday....what is wrong with them??? I felt like being nice so I helped them fill their quota. Okay, wasn't because I was feeling nice, just because he chose me out of 8 other cars all doing the speed limit. Was it because my car was blue, because I am a female, because I was on the phone???? Whatever the reason I was the one stopped on the side of the road.

This short little man walks up and says "speeding." Without warning I flashed him one of my dirty looks...I couldn't help it. I hand him my license and start fishing through my purse looking for my registration...not finding it. After a minute or two he walks away. Then I found it...of course. He walks back and I hand it to him...without a word, he opens it up, points to the back to let me know I had not signed it. Then he hands me a ticket and says "you were doing 80" and walks away. Guess I took too much of his time and he was missing others to fill his quota. JERK!!!!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336927-Cops