*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336459-Giving-Advice
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#336459 added March 23, 2005 at 8:14am
Restrictions: None
Giving Advice
Over the last 6 months or so I have been helping a friend through her divorce. It finally was official early February. She seems to be doing well for the most part. The strange thing to me is after being with her husband for 14 years (dating and married) I would have assumed she would like some time to herself; however, ever since December she has been in this mad search for a man. Not to necessarily tie down but she loves the attention from them. She will ask my opinion about conversations she's had with them, but I am finding it harder to comment...not because I am judging her, but I just cannot relate to the things she does.

There is a guy she just recently met that is a bartender at a bar/restaurant near where she works. She has only seen him outside of work twice...both times she slept with him. She called me at 6:50 a.m. today to get my advice on her actions of last night. She slept with the guy for the 2nd time and wanted him to stay the night, but he insisted he had to go so she got mad. Now she isn't sure if she should call him, wait for him to call or just write him off. What I really wanted to say is maybe if you would just go out on a date like the average person and not bring him to your bedroom we wouldn't be having this conversation, but I didn't. I talked her through it and she was feeling better by the end of our conversation but I know I will be getting emails all morning about it.

In addition, I have another friend that just declared he wanted a divorce from his wife. He attempted to do it last year, but she threatened suicide and he felt guilty so he stayed. He has had enough and finally told her he had to get out. So now I have him coming to me for advice as well.

I honestly don't mind people turning to me when they need to talk. Some people are talented in writing, painting, computers, etc. The skill I have found I excel at is my ability to listen and my desire to help people. So by being there for my friends and family and helping whomever in whatever way I can serves a dual purpose...I'm helping them, but in turn they are allowing me to fullfill my desire...to help!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/336459-Giving-Advice