*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/334791-Mental-disorder-or-Temperament-weakness
Rated: ASR · Book · Self Help · #949483
Are temperament and Mental Health at all related? A positive, spiritual view of self.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#334791 added March 15, 2005 at 9:25am
Restrictions: None
Mental disorder or Temperament weakness?
I am studying Mental illness in college and I read an article about ADHD that struck me with awe, as I related it to another book that I read. Dr. Tim LaHaye's Spirit-Controlled Temperament discusses the four different temperaments, and the twelve temperament blends. The four temperaments are Phlegmatic, Melancholy, Sanguine, and Choleric. I put Phlegmatic first because that is my temperament, just to let you know. I also have secondary temperament of Chloleric, which mixes quite strangely with my dominant temperament. That's me. I will describe some the temperaments in more detail in later entries.

Anyway, Dr. LaHaye's book also spoke of Depression in a very different, profound way. He said there is such a thing as Depression resulting from a chemical imbalance, but that most cases of physical Depression are results of a spiritual deficiency of selfishness. He discusses the likelihood of the different temperaments of getting this disorder. He is of the Melancholy temperament and admits it, and this temperament is the most prone to Depression because of the way their mind works, which I will discuss in later entries. The temperament weaknesses of the Melancholy temperament would make a person more apt to be depressed.

I read this article on ADHD and I noticed that all of the "symptoms" are weaknesses of one temperament, the Sanguine. People of that temperament are beautiful people to be around, God love them. I enjoy their company, but their attention spans are not often that long, and they are naturally outgoing, energetic people. I do believe ADHD is real, don't get me wrong, but I don't consider it a disease. More on this as I do more research.

Here is a short description of the different temperaments. There is so much more, but this is a nice start *Bigsmile*:
 Temperament Lowdown  (E)
Poetic view of the innate temperaments. Can you see yourself? Please, let me know.
#869788 by Beth Barnett

© Copyright 2005 Beth Barnett (UN: angellove at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Beth Barnett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/334791-Mental-disorder-or-Temperament-weakness