*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/330110-A-Set-Up-or-Hanging-With-Friends
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#330110 added February 23, 2005 at 8:06am
Restrictions: None
A Set-Up or Hanging With Friends?
Ever have one of those dates that leaves you wondering at the end of the night what just happened? Last night it was planned that Mike & Tracy (my friends) and Mike (the potential) and I would meet at Buffalo Wild Wings before their hockey game.

I get there around 10 to 8 and see that it is very packed so I wait in the lobby area for Mike & Tracy to show up...I had just talked to them on the phone and new they were just minutes behind me. When they show up we send Mike to go give our name and check on the wait...45 minutes. YIKES, we only had an hour to waste before their game. Anyway, I had not seen Mike & Tracy in months, possibly even a year. So it was good we had a few minutes to chat. Then Mike showed up and at first his face was hidden by other standing around, but soon they moved and we got introduced. He was around 5' 11", dark hair, bulkier build (muscle and a tiny beer belly), and a smile that was infectious.

So instead of waiting to be seated we decided to walk to the bar area. There were four chairs free right at the bar, but then we'd be sitting in a straight line which makes it hard for conversation. So we used them to hold our coats & purses and stood behind them. Conversation was not the greatest. It was mainly held by Mike & Tracy with Mike and I commenting. I didn't mind since I had not seen them in so long, but I kept remembering I was there to get to know someone.

Around 9 the guys left for the game and Tracy and I attempted to venture to Cold Stone Creamery...something I had only ever heard of and was willing to break my diet for. THEY WERE CLOSED!!! So we went to Kohl's instead. *Smile* Mike, the new one, mentioned they sold ice cream at the ice rink, so we made sure to leave Kohl's in enough time to get to the rink before 10. The concession stand was CLOSED when we got there!! I'm guessing someone was watching out for our waist lines! *Smile*

We walk into the ice rink and the game had started 2 minutes prior. So we find the seats that are under a heat lamp and settle in for the hour in the cold. Tracy went closer to the ice to see if she could find her husband, then she did so she came back and we talked and watched for the rest of the game.

When it was over we stood in the hallway waiting for them to come from the locker room. We walked around a bit and found there was another ice rink in the same building. Finally Mike appeared and wondered why we never showed up to the game. We watched the wrong game! How funny is that?! *Smile*

So the three of us sat there chatting until the new Mike finished in the locker room. Apparently not only do they shower but they have a drink or two while they bs with the guys. The four of us chatted for a few and then started walking to our cars. Their cars were near each other and I was an aisle over from them. I yelled to Tracy & Mike to remember I had to follow them as I had no clue how to get back and Mike piped up and said he's heading that way so I could follow him. That was it...no good bye's, no "nice meeting you," no exchange of numbers or email addresses...NOTHING!!

So as I drove behind him on my way home we got stopped at a light and in my head I thought how exciting it would have been if he hopped out of his truck and ran back to my window to get my number...didn't happen. *Frown* I guess I watch too many movies!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/330110-A-Set-Up-or-Hanging-With-Friends