*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/329687-Feeling-Old
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#329687 added February 21, 2005 at 12:06pm
Restrictions: None
Feeling Old
On Saturday I had made plans to meet a friend for lunch. We have been friends forever, but between our schedules we do not get to see each other nearly as often as we would like to. This Saturday worked because her husband decided to take their 3 children up north with him leaving her to a weekend for herself. She has a very awesome husband!!

Anyway, so we meet at the restaurant and are seated around 1pm or so. We start talking and our food is served and we continue talking. Our waiter continues to stop by to refill our drinks even after our meals had been completed, cleared and paid for. Finally my friend apologizes to him for sitting for so long in his section, but lets him know we have been friends for 27 years and had a lot of catching up to do. He was shocked and said he would never have guessed either of us even were 27....mind you he already had his tip, so it had to be true, right?! *Smile*

So finally around 3:30 we decided it was time to go. On my drive home I got to thinking, 27 years is a very long time and I can still remember the day we met...we were only 7 and I had just moved to the neighborhood. I don't feel that old, but I guess your body gets older whether or not you feel it. Scary, but true!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/329687-Feeling-Old