*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328764-Financial-Situation
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#328764 added February 16, 2005 at 2:09pm
Restrictions: None
Financial Situation
With the change in my job just over a year and a half ago I had to learn to start paying my own estimated taxes on a quarterly basis. This job provides me with a check once a month, but does not take any tax out. I thought I was doing good until last May when I received my first raise and bonus. The numbers sounded great and I was very excited to be making so much until I had to recalculate how much to take out for my taxes. I swear I was taking home less than I was before my raise.

In the back of my head I kept hoping I was making a mistake and paying too much and decided to go to H & R Bock to have my taxes prepared to make sure everything was in order. Secretly I was waiting for them to tell me how much over I had been paying; unfortunately, it didn't work out that way.

I had my appointment last night and everything was going great until my preparer realized there was one additional schedule I needed to have completed. That stinkin' schedule changed my return from receiving nearly $3,000 back to owing just over $2,500. Lets just say it took all my strength to hold back the tears as my preparer completed the rest of my paperwork.

If this person was correct, then not only do I owe $2,500 but I have to start paying more quarterly. I stayed home from work today to get my mind clear and review the numbers. If everything is correct, I will be having my friends husband who is a CPA looking them over for me, then the salary I thought was so great is actually less then what I was making before I started this job after tax is taken out. I am scheduled to have another raise and review in May and I am terrified of it...I do not want any more money because that means more taxes I will have to be paying.

I am sitting here today with the dilema of looking for another job...leaving one I truly enjoy, but obviously am not getting paid enough, or to keep this job and find some sort of side work. NO, I will not start stripping...at least not until my body gets more firm! *Smile*

I honestly wish we could live without using money. I figure it would be crazy for the first year, but then everyone would realize there is an abundance of everything out there and only take what is needed. I am sure there are flaws in my theory, but I don't have any concern about it because unless I become a homeless person living on the streets I do not forsee it ever happening.

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/328764-Financial-Situation