*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/327761-Buying-a-book
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#327761 added February 11, 2005 at 8:11am
Restrictions: None
Buying a book
During the day yesterday I spent a little time researching self help type books for overcoming insecurities. I wrote down a few titles with the authors and pondered on the thought of actually buying a book. The ponder came from the fact I am not one who enjoys reading. Well, not reading books that is. I have no problem reading short articles or journal entries, but when it comes to fiction or anything of that nature I cannot stay focused long enough to enjoy it.

So after work I met my mom to go work-out and talked to her a bit about the books I had found. By time I made it home I had it set in my mind that if I was going to buy a book it was time to get it now before I lost my motivation.

The book store I typically go to, to buy for others, is Barnes and Nobles; however, Borders is closer to my house so that is where I went.

As I walked in sitting right in my path was a Customer Service desk. I hesitated for a moment thinking it would be easier to just go ask someone to find my book, but I felt slightly embarrassed asking for a self help book so I decided to venture through the store on my own. After a few minutes I found a large sign with the word PSYCHOLOGY on it and as I got closer I noticed smaller letters underneath saying SELF HELP. Must say I felt a little proud of myself at that moment. I know, it doesn't take much for me! *Smile*

I started down the aisle only to find there was a complete aisle with both sides filled with books on the topic along with half of the next aisle. Needless to say I was quite overwhelmed. How to find a book on the topic I wanted when all the books were sorted by author?! After making an attempt for a good 15 minutes I ventured back to the Customer Service desk. They looked up the titles I had written down, but didn't carry any of them. The woman helping me volunteered to take me back to the section and go through some books with me. We get back there and there are at least 6 to 8 people sitting around reading. The first thought I had was, "Hello, this is a book store not a library...buy your books and go home." It was nice and quiet in the aisle we were standing in when she begins her search for me. All of a sudden she starts speaking and talks as if I am 80 yards away from her. Did I not just tell her I was looking for a book on insecurities? Was there a reason she felt the need to announce it to every soul around to help with my embarraseement issues??

She ends up finding 4 books for me to look through and walks away saying if I needed additional assistance she'd be at the desk. Lord NO I wasn't about to go back to her!! I looked through the books she gave me and then found another shelf that interested me. There it was, a book that seemed to fit what I was looking for. I am happy to say I bought my first book...book that doesn't talk about nutrition or recipes that is.


© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/327761-Buying-a-book