*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326993-A-womans-brain
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#326993 added February 7, 2005 at 8:02am
Restrictions: None
A woman's brain
So after my last entry I sat and thought a bit. Until I realized I was thinking and rethinking the same thing over and over again. I decided I had to put a stop to it and went to the back room to confront Mark. For those of you that know me you would realize what a big step that is. As bad as it sounds, I've always been one that dealt with confrontation with a letter, card or email and avoided face to face at all cost.

As I walked in the room he was sitting at the table working on his computer. Without attitude I simply asked if we could talk. He knew that meant something serious so he instantly starting talking about what he had found on the computer and avoided the topic for a good 15 minutes...such a guy! When I finally got to have the floor I asked him if everything was okay with him. Of course he said, "Yes." I mentioned I noticed he has been acting differently and we went on from there.

What it comes down to is he said he made part of his New Year's resolution to focus on himself this year and get his life in order so he can focus on his future. Where he is now is not where he wants to be in 5 years. He said I need to quit thinking so much, which I do...if I knew how...and to realize he is just focusing on what he needs to do and that everything doesn't have to do with me. I told him I consider him a good friend and when things change in his actions I have the natural intention to be concerned and wonder why when he doesn't talk about it. He said I should know him and realize he doesn't always talk about things so I threw it back at him and told him he should know me and that I am a WHY person who cares too much and need to know things. It was a good 30 to 45 minute talk. I felt much better when we were done.

I also realize men are very lucky that they have such simple minds and are able to focus on what is said to them and not read into the words or actions...just accept what they know and be happy with it.

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/326993-A-womans-brain