*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/325629-Dinner-and-a-date
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#325629 added January 31, 2005 at 1:21pm
Restrictions: None
Dinner and a date?
Saturday night my brother had arranged for the family to go to dinner to celebrate my uncle's birthday. His birthday is actually near Christmas and with everything going on around the holidays it tends to get looked over. Nice looking out little brother!!

So his favorite restaurant, Caper's, was chosen and we all were to meet there at 6pm. We get there and the parking lot is full; however, there are only 4 people in line so we figured the wait couldn't be too bad. WRONG! It was going to be at least 1 hour before we get seated. We may have considered it; however, with a 2 year old and a 4 year old to entertain, that was too long of a wait.

Seeing as we were all out of our area we chose the next closest restaurant, Red Robin's. The only bad thing is it was near one of the malls. Needless to say it was very packed, but the wait was only to be 30 minutes. YIPPEEE, cut our wait time in half! *Smile*

We get seated and our waiter comes up to introduce himself, Michael was his name. He was really cute, about 5' 10", black hair and deep, dark brown eyes. He was a tad thin, but with a little home cookin' I'm sure that could change!! *Wink* All throughout dinner he stopped back and would tell us a little more about himself and he LOVED Justin and Jacob. He has worked there a few years, has a 4 year old son, his mother has her own day care center, and his son has a girlfriend that he met at the day care. My brother was trying to encourage me to get his number or to leave mine, but I chickened out. He did however tell us to come back and be sure to ask to sit in his section.

I had planned to meet my friend for dinner this week and after telling her about this she is forcing me to go back there in hopes he is working and she will be my backbone for me. Lord, what am I getting myself into?! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/325629-Dinner-and-a-date