*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/324257-Too-Emotional
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#324257 added January 24, 2005 at 8:28am
Restrictions: None
Too Emotional
On Saturday was my nephews birthday party...he's now 2! *Smile* The day started with us receiving 11 or 12 inches of snow. I spent all morning cleaning the house while Mark was at work. I was hoping he would make it home before I had to leave so he could shovel. I know, I know that sounds terrible, but I told him before we moved in together that I completely dread shoveling and will whine the entire time I am out there. So I do the majority of the cleaning and he mows the lawn and shovels...oh and he cleans the tub...another chore I hate!

Unfortunately he did not make it home in time, I was forced to go out there on my own. After shoveling I had to come in and redry my hair and head out to my nephews party.

Everything was going fine, normal family chit-chat and watching the kids play. A little later on one of my sister-in-laws friends showed up who has a son in school in Justin, my 4 year old nephew. The boys started playing and Shelley began to introduce her to people she said, "this is my dad, my father-in-law, my mother-in-law, Michelle, and the famous Aunt Julie I am always talking about." The only thing that bothered me out of that whole thing is I was not introduced as her sister-in-law or Matt's sister...I was just another body sitting there. I probably would have overlooked it; however, at Christmas Shelley was attempting to have Justin make paper stockings for the grandma's and the aunts. He made them for each of my aunt's and both grandma's, but lost interest when it came to making one for me...his God Mother.

Maybe I am being too sensitive, but I fear that she is going to influence the kids on who to like better...just as her family does, they are all in competition with one another...and I will no longer be important to my nephews. *Frown*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/324257-Too-Emotional