*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/323645-marriage
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#323645 added January 20, 2005 at 3:51pm
Restrictions: None
marriage
I have a few minutes before I leave work and what better way to spend them than writing in my journal?! *Smile*

I had dinner last night with one of my friends who is 25ish and going through a divorce. Between dating and her marriage they have been together almost 7 years. There are multiple factors leading to divorce, which would take hours to type, but they did try going to counseling and came to the conclusion divorce is the best solution.

The sad thing is she has friends and family that will not talk to her since she made this decision and it has made her even more insecure. She was fearful to even tell me thinking I would push her away as well. I told her the way I feel about all my friends and family is I will be there until the end for them no matter what happens. I may not always agree with their choices or understand the things they do, but I would talk to them about it, not push them out of my life. Before that conversation I thought everyone thought that way...very scary to think they don't.

I have another friend going through a divorce after 11 years of marriage...she is 34. She was doing very well with things until yesterday. Reality finally hit her.

I keep listening to each of their stories and trying to be supportive of each of them. However, in the meantime it is making me start fear getting involved with anyone. How can you ever fully trust your partner? There are so many scary stories out there!!!

Okay, on that lovely note it is time to leave...YIPPEE!!

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/323645-marriage