*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/322021-All-about-me
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#322021 added January 10, 2005 at 8:21am
Restrictions: None
All about me
As one of my New Year's resolutions I've decided to stop going out as often...to the clubs that is...to start saving more money and focus more on my needs/wants. I have the habit of putting everyone elses needs before my own, which I have no complaints about, most of the time.

This weekend was my first weekend staying in, which honestly, was a little hard. I guess it wouldn't have been so bad if I was living alone, but Mark, my roommate, has also decided to stop going to the club for a month...I haven't decided on the extent of it for myself. I will say it is much easier to stay home and do nothing when no one is around. This weekend I ended up spending 5 1/2 hours cleaning my room...yes, I even dusted...the thing I HATE doing!! I also completed a few other projects I have been putting off the past couple months.

Mark, went through magazines for an hour or two and spent all of Friday night and Saturday night on his computer...he just got it fixed after being without it for the last 2 or 3 months. Saturday, we literally spoke for a combined total of possibly 1 hour. 6 months ago this would have truly bothered me, but I think I am a point now I fully realize there will never be anything between us, which I think is a big help to me.

On Sunday I watched that movie with Cameron Diaz and Christina Applegate...Sweethearts or something like that. It made me realize just how ready I am to finally meet someone. I know in the past I have talked about dating, but I think deep down I wasn't fully ready for it for I had that slight hope in the back of my head that maybe, just maybe something would happen with Mark and I. Over this last year I have grown and realized even if there was the slightest chance that he is not gay and he was finally man enough to attempt a relationship with me...I have no interest in having a relationship with him. There are too many things I have learned about him that let me know a relationship between us would never work.

With that said, my new goal is to keep myself open to the options of dating. I had attempted the match.com, but only found people I was not intersted in or vise versa. I have a couple friends that know the "perfect guy" for me, but no mention of when I will get to meet them. So for the moment I am planning to keep working out and start eating better so when I do meet these potentials, or any others in the meantime, I will at least have the body confidence I have been missing. The words are so simple, I just hope the actions come 1/2 as easy! *Smile*

© Copyright 2005 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/322021-All-about-me