*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/316354-Coincidence-or-a-sign
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#316354 added December 2, 2004 at 8:32am
Restrictions: None
Coincidence or a sign?
Last night something sad, but bizzare happened.

Mark and I were outside putting Christmas lights in the front yard. We were nearly done so I was taking in the extra supplies while he finished up. I looked at Tweety's cage, Mark's bird he inherited from his grandmother, and noticed she wasn't in any of her normal spots...then I saw her laying in the bottom of the cage.

I went outside and told Mark he needed to come see Tweety, which he did without a question. Tapped the cage, called her name, but nothing. He decided he would take care of her after he finished the lights. When he got done he went out back to smoke, no smoking in the house, and call to let his sister know about Tweety.

While he was outside I had a little talk with his mom, who had passed last February. I asked her to watch for Tweety who would soon be joining her and her mother and to watch over Mark as Tweety was his buddy. I then started cutting up salad.

Mark came in the house, still on the phone with his sister, and walked into the living room. He stopped talking to his sister and called my name. We had hung little stocking for each of the animals (four in total...one for his sister's bunny) and Tweety's was on the floor...the stickiness was completely gone from the plastic hook.

We both were a little freaked out. I told him I had a talk with his mom and maybe she was letting us know that Tweety was now with her. Don't know, maybe it is just a coincidence, but feels more like a sign of some sort.

Needless to say, he took the stocking, put Tweety inside of it, put her in a box with a little artificial snow...so she can always remember Christmas (Mark's favorite holiday), and we had a little backyard burial.

© Copyright 2004 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/316354-Coincidence-or-a-sign