*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/316266-society-and-the-single-person
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#316266 added December 1, 2004 at 12:50pm
Restrictions: None
society and the single person
As I sit here pondering who I need to buy gifts for, what to get them and the amount of funds I have available I realized something.

The single person truly has an unfair advantage. For example, Christmas. When you have a friend or family member that you've always bought a gift for gets married you are then compelled to either buy a joint gift for the new couple or a gift for each of them. Then when they decide to start a family with each child comes another gift. All the while you get a one gift in return. Now wait...I am not trying to come across as ungrateful or stingy. I realize it is my choice to buy gifts for them and I would have it no other way, just stating an observation I've made.

That thought led me to think about other disadvantages...married people get discounts on their insurance costs and consideration to their schedules is higher priority when making plans to name a couple.

Hmmm, maybe this is why the divorce rate is so high...people get married for the discount instead of love?! *Wink*

Now that I have shared my philosophy, time to eat. Have a great day!

© Copyright 2004 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/316266-society-and-the-single-person