*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/315410
Rated: E · Book · Military · #911306
A not quite daily journal of my deployment in Iraq
#315410 added December 9, 2004 at 5:39am
Restrictions: None
28 MAY 04
Wouldn't you know it. I have a head cold. It is 116 degrees outside and I get a cold! So had to deal with the achy, want to go to sleep feeling all day. Went to chaplain's training this morning. Finished my slides for tonight's briefing with the commander this afternoon. Got a box from Chris. How thoughtful for her to send one. It always feels good to get mail. Some how it reminds you that you are connected to another world. That "back home" is a real place, not just a figment of your imagination.
Had a lengthy staff meeting. Sometimes they are so long your mind just goes numb, just mind boggling. There are changes on the way. Units moving here and there, So lots of stress, possible confusion, and mix ups during the transition. I mean like it isn't hard enough and stressful enough already.

Hard to wrap my head around the idea that tomorrow is our 10 Wedding anniversary. After all these years of thinking what the tenth would be like and wanting to plan something special, it turns out I am not even around for it. So we will have to make it up when I get back. That is all for today. Time for bed, speaking of which I have a real bed now. No more cot that is too short and too narrow. I like to sleep on my side with my knees pulled up, but the cot isn't wide enough so my knees hit the side bar. And if I stretch all the way out my feet hit the end bar. So a real bed is a big step towards improving my quality of life.
© Copyright 2004 chicken scratch (UN: chickenscratch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
chicken scratch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/315410