*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/315317-Defending-Detroit
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#315317 added November 23, 2004 at 8:39am
Restrictions: None
Defending Detroit
Although I am not a sports fan, all that has been on the radio and TV since Friday is the incident between the Piston's, the Pacer's and the Piston fans. For those of you not living in Detroit, let me start by saying the broadcast you have been receiving is not complete...it was not all the Piston fans fault...honestly! Everyone has their own opinion and I am not about to get in the middle of it with anyone, just want to state the facts is all. They have played blurps of broadcast from other states and they start by saying how terrible the Detroit fans are. C'mon, cut us a break...as if we don't have a bad enough wrap on our own!! *Smile*

Now that I've said my peace, on to a better topic...men! I guess I will start with the ongoing saga of Romeo. After blowing off our date Friday, he sent me an email, which I didn't read until yesterday. He has a busy week with the holiday and a wedding to go to on Friday, but wants to try to get together again. Do I even bother?? My brother suggested I tell him to get bent and move on; however, I'm too nice for that. I figure if he sets a day and time that I happen to be free then I will make the effort, otherwise he is on his own! Lord I hope I can stick to that!! *Confused*

There may be a potential new man to discuss...finally!! I talked to my friend Tracy on Friday. She informed that her husband, Mike, plays ice hockey on Tuesdays and there is a guy on his league that they feel would be a great fit with me. All I know is he is 36, tall, dark hair, house a house near where I work, smiles and laughs a lot, and is very nice. So our plan is having Mike talk to this guy, oh, his name is Mike as well, and make sure he is up for meeting. Once that is settled Tracy and I will meet Mike and Mike for drinks/snacks prior to one of their games...they don't start until 10 p.m. If things go well, we will stay to watch the game. If I am not interested then Tracy and I will not watch the game and that will be Mike's sign to let the other Mike know I am not interested. Women and their games!! *Pthb* Fret not fellow readers, I shall be sure to keep you curious minds posted!! *Smile*

In case I do not get a chance to add another entry prior to Thursday...hope everyone has a very Happy Thanksgiving!!!

© Copyright 2004 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/315317-Defending-Detroit