*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/315303-19-May-04
Rated: E · Book · Military · #911306
A not quite daily journal of my deployment in Iraq
#315303 added November 23, 2004 at 6:57am
Restrictions: None
19 May 04
Well, as I have said 160 times before, another day done. It was a quiet one. Which I hope all of them will be. For some reason the news seems depressing, fighting, fighting. People talking who don't seem to make much sense, and you wonder how in the world are we going to get them to hear us. I don't know. I just want to get out of here alive and in one piece. Sad to think that some aren't though. I think I stayed in my room most of the day working on getting ready for Sunday. Made a visit to the TOC and had dinner that was about it. Played the guitar with Corkery and got the piano out for a soldier played some song while he fiddled with the piano. I am tired now and should go to bed soon, it is 2045. I will probably read a bit. Missed trace on the IM. I was hoping to talk with her before she went to the wedding. She mentioned Bekah had the car inpounded. So Emily having problems with her husband and Bekah can't get her life together. What is going on with those two? I feel like I didn't have may act together at all and I got through college. Well I did marry a jerk, totally may fault there. I mean I didn't have it together and I managed to have a normal life and get something accomplished. I wandered a bit and I wonder what I would have done if I hadn't married. Maybe I would have done what they are doing. But they seem clueless, Emily knows how to work, I will give her that, and I guess she is following my example of how to get in and stay in a bad relationship. Kids. It is hard to be here and hear about what is going on over there.
© Copyright 2004 chicken scratch (UN: chickenscratch at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
chicken scratch has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/315303-19-May-04