*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/314689-What-the-Hell-is-wrong-with-you-people
Rated: 18+ · Book · None · #488496
Only rule you must follow if you know me: You can't get mad at me for what I write.
#314689 added November 17, 2004 at 11:45pm
Restrictions: None
What the Hell is wrong with you people?
Alright, what the fuck people? I am sick of this message from "AOL" saying I have to send a message to people to keep my account. Now, I know it's a chain letter thing. AOL can't hope to circulate that message to everyone that uses AIM. But I'm amazed at how many of these message I've recieved. It sucks when I come home from work and have about 15 messages left to my away message and I think there's something going on. Maybe plans for the evening will be interesting? Fuck no! This damn fucking message appears: ""Because of our overloading of our servers, we are being forced to extract our non-active AIM users. Because this is a free service, AOL has exceeded the budget for the AIM service. We are asking that you send this exact message to 20 other AIM users to ensure us that you're an active AIM user. Our system tracking devise will pick up this message to keep you on our active list. You have 72 hours to complete this task or your service will be cancelled immediately. Starting January 1st, 2005, we will be charging a small fee for registering of a screen name for AIM. Thank you for your time and for using AOL or AIM.""

Now lets see...is there another way to prove my account is active? Hmm, how about I send 20 messages to one person? I bet the "tracking device" will pick that up. What stupid fucking bullshit. Since I've gotten so many of these in the past few days, I can only wonder if some people are really that dumb to fall for it. Another amazing thing is that people are sending me these messages, AND I HAVE NO IDEA WHO THEY ARE! They have never talked to me before in the eight years I've had instant messaging. What the fuck? Get your shit together!

Also, I'd like to say that it's been over 72 hours since I got the message and holy shit, I'm still here! Also, how would they know when your 72 hours are up? You're recieving this message from somebody else. They recieved it from someone else. So on and so forth, how the hell do they know when you got that message? It just fucking ridiculous.

© Copyright 2004 MajikRobot (UN: majikrobot at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
MajikRobot has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/314689-What-the-Hell-is-wrong-with-you-people