*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/314357-Extravaganza
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #836733
Given a chance to ask (insert deity of choice) one question it would be...
#314357 added November 15, 2004 at 3:43pm
Restrictions: None
Extravaganza!
CPI called me on Saturday night and invited me over to play poker with him and some of the other instructors. I wonder if he called me first or if he called J9 and Tiff first. I know he called me before Tiff. But did he call me before he called J9?

Jesus. I'm sick. What does it matter what order he called us in?!

Anyway, he called me, said he wanted me to come over and I wound up saying no. Mainly because of the freaking stitches in my face. I was on my way back from spending the day goofing off in Longtucky when he called. I hemmed-n-hawed and told him I'd call him back when I got home and figured out what was going on. I get home and J9 isn't there and I have the place completely to myself. What with that and the stitches, I called him back, got voice mail and told him I just didn't feel up to it.

Another potential situation killed before it even got started. Oh well. What was I supposed to do??

Yesterday I picked up Tiff and we went to the Karate Extravaganza!! to see him perform and get his 3rd degree. The two of us stopped and had lunch and a pichure of margs before we went, so we were in fine form by the time we got there. He came out while we were in line and gave Tiff a big hug and hesitated with me like he wasn't sure if I was going to bite his head off or hug him.

I said "oh just give me a hug" and he did. Weird. He asked me if I was feeling better and I said yes.

Later, he brought out him mum and introduced her to us. "This is my mom," he says. They look so alike it was freaky.

"Hi Matt's mom," I say like a freaking dumbass as I smile and shake her hand. "Nice to meet you."

She was very nice and friendly, and meanwhile I was kicking myself for not addressing her as Mrs. Smith like I should have. My mother would have been appalled at my lack of manners and probably would hve slapped a harelip on me.

He was one of the last to perform and when he got out on stage, got set, and Tiffany blew the big plastic horn we'd brought with us just for the occassion (about 2.5 ft long and sounds like the Swedish horn on the Riccola commercials) he started to laugh. (God. He has the most charming grin.) We'd told him to listen for it and that it would be us cheering him on. I think he liked that. Obviously, from the huge smiles it got, it was a hit. It was nice to see him so happy.






© Copyright 2004 WestWind (UN: wwestwind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WestWind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/314357-Extravaganza