*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/314052-CPI-vs-Todd-tonight-on-PayperView
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #836733
Given a chance to ask (insert deity of choice) one question it would be...
#314052 added November 12, 2004 at 4:51pm
Restrictions: None
CPI vs Todd tonight on PayperView!
Here's a little filler on what's been going on...

Todd comes to visit last month. On Thursday night the week he's here, we get together with J9, Tiff, Nate and CPI at an Italian restaurant for dinner. It goes really well, we have a lot of laughs, and we head over to the sunDowner to have drinks. I notice that CPI is acting kinda strange, but write it off as weirdness around a new person in our little tightknit group. Todd and I leave the Downer early because, well... I haven't seen him in a month... take a guess. As we're walking to the car, he asks me what CPI's story is. I give him the short version.

"I don't think he cared for me much," Todd says in a slightly amused and completely confident way he has that makes me all smooshy inside.

This actually surprises me. "What makes you say that?"

Todd shoots me a little sly look out of the corner of his eye and a grin and pulls me up tight against him under his arm as we walk. "Just a couple of little things. Not looking at me, turning his back on me at the table at the Downer. Just little body language things mostly."

"Oh, don't be silly," I said, "he's just weird around new people is all."

Todd chuckles.

Then on Monday during karate, CPI and I are gossiping because he just spent the weekend at the blackbelt getaway in Brek and he's relating all the dirt, when he stops mid sentence and cops attitude.

"Did you have fun this weekend?" he asks me, hands on his hips acting all beligerent.

HUH? "Well, yeah, I did..."

"Is that guy still here?" he asks.

"Nooooo," I said. THAT GUY??! His name is TODD and CPI knows it. Why the sudden demotion to THAT GUY? "I took him back to the airport on Sunday."

"Oh," he said. Then he relaxs and resumes normal mode.

Whadafuck was that? Later, I relate the incident to Todd. He laughs that sexy-ass knowing laugh of his and suddenly I desperately wish he was still around.

"He likes you," Todd says.

Oh shit. "Uh, no he dud unt. What are you talking about? He's in luff with J9. Besides he's, like, twelve."

"No, he likes you," Todd insists in a tone that says he finds the whole situation vastly amusing. "I felt it the second that he walked into the restaurant. There was a really strong vibe coming off him as soon as he realized who I was."

Did Todd just use the word "vibe"? Has the whole world gone crazy? "Uh.. ha ha ha... ew... that's weird. Don't say that any more. Besides he's, like, twelve. Ew. Ha. Ha."

"Doesn't matter," Todd said. "Fact is, he's old enough and he was old fashioned jealous. Pure and simple."

"Ew. No he's not," I said, "and we are dropping this subject right now."

Then last Tuesday, CPI asks me to dinner after class. I assume it's just a friend thing, even though he doesn't suggest calling J9 or Tiff or Sarah or Nate or anyone. We go to my house to let me change and there's this whole crisis with J9 and Craig and she's bawling and we ask her to go to dinner with us but she says no blahblahblah, lets just say that we eat crappy food (cost of which we split), pick up a couple of movies and head back to the place to console J9.

He did look really nice though in his new blue shirt and his black slacks.

Anyway, so I tell Todd about watching this movies the three of us watched called Fog of War, because I know he'd find it fascinating and he suddenly asks how the whole CPI thing is going.

"What CPI thing?" I ask. "Oh good grief. Don't be ridiculous. We're friends and he doesn't like me that way. Besides, he's twelve."

But this time he's not laughing. "Doesn't matter. He likes you."

I give a big fed-up sigh. "Whatever. Anyway I think you would like this documentary because..."

Arrrgh. I don't know what to think about either of them at this point. CPI has been a lot more touchie-feelie lately, and I did catch him looking at my cleavage the other day. (It's pretty nice cleavage, if I may say so myself) We were taking karate school pictures and I didn't wear a shirt under my gi like I usually do. I was laying on my stomach on the mat with the kids looking at all the pictures with them and I look up and see him staring down my shirt. I look away quick so as not to bust him and cause any undue embarassment. Besides, it's kind of flattering. I give him a minute and look up again and he's still staring. Eventually, he wanders off to play with his bostaff.

No pun.

It's nice to have cleavage. It's so handy. Especially, appreciated when it's not deliberately exposed.



© Copyright 2004 WestWind (UN: wwestwind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WestWind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/314052-CPI-vs-Todd-tonight-on-PayperView