*Magnify*
    July     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/313786-Dealing-with-a-roommate
by Ho Tep
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #900612
The ups and downs of being single in your 30's...early 30's that is.
#313786 added November 10, 2004 at 11:02am
Restrictions: None
Dealing with a roommate
I've been pondering over this all morning and figured getting it out on virtual paper may help.

The past fews days I have noticed Mark, my roommate in case you didn't know, becoming a tad more quiet or staying to himself a little more. Granted we spend a lot of time together...living together and hanging out together and we all need space; however, it is still a little odd. Also, he has been without his home computer for a couple months now...his other escape. Last night he went into our back room to sit by himself. He says it was to utilize a room that we never use and because he needed room to spread out papers he was going through. Valid reasons I suppose; but, I was in the bathroom taking down the wallpaper and typically he would be there to help, but didn't.

I am just wondering with the holidays drawing near if the loss of his mother is starting to get to him.

For those of you that don't know his mother was diagnosed with cancer in August of 2003 and after a hard fight she passed away in February 2004. During this time he, Mark, had a very hard time dealing with it, not to mention he was the one who was left responsible to take care of her. Long story I may bore you with another day.

I realize I may be reading into this too much. It is just that I fear I will be faced with another holiday season like last year. I don't put any blame on him as everyone has their own way of dealing with things. But I, being the true Cancer sign that I am, have the strong desire to take care of people and situations and while everything was going on last year he pulled away and that really hurt. I just worry that this is the begining of it all over again. I know, that probably sounds selfish and typing it makes me feel bad that I even have those thoughts. I just feel helpless in this situation and keep digging deeper and deeper in my brain for a solution on how to help, when in actual fact my help may be the last thing he needs/wants.

I think part of it is because I do not know about losing a loved one. That is not a complaint at all, because if I had it my way I never would know about it. It just makes it harder for me to understand what he is going through.

Okay, I feel like I just talked in circles and probably made no sense. Sorry if you are completely baffled and wondered why you wasted your few spare minutes to read this, but it made me feel better!! *Smile*

© Copyright 2004 Ho Tep (UN: yellow1671 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ho Tep has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/313786-Dealing-with-a-roommate