*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312891-Bye-Bye-Love
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#312891 added November 3, 2004 at 11:15pm
Restrictions: None
Bye Bye, Love
That is what my Uncle Les just said to me, maybe 3 minutes ago when we got off of the phone. Oh man... my heart is breaking. My Uncle Les is married to Diane who is the aunt with kidney and liver cancer. She just found out she is terminal, and they've given her the "quote" on her projected remaining time. Well, last Tuesday, Uncle Les had numbness in his leg, and a cold foot, so after calling the DR and getting an appointment, they decided that he was going to the hospital via ambulance to have an annourism (sp?) in his leg removed. (Side note: My dad nearly died from his, and my Aunt Val did die from hers.) After this emergency surgery, when the doctors started talking about sending him to a rehabilitation facility (for his leg), he said that he would pay for in-home rehab and rent the euqipment, because "I need to be home with my love to spend our remaining time together in our home." Does that not break your heart? The man could have died, and he's wanting to go spend time with his love.

Tonight I called them because I got an update from my mom that wasn't too great, and all he wanted to talk about was how we have God on our side, and we're going to be okay. He asked about my situation, and I was honest with him. He told me to just hold tight because we have a captain that has weathered every storm.

In my aunt and uncle's darkest moments, they are thanking God for what He's given us, and telling me to keep my chin up. Amazing faith is what that is. They ahve the peace that does pass all understanding. Awesome.

Please keep them in your prayers, and try to have just a taste of the faith they have. See where it gets you.

Having a captain who has weathered every storm,
Beckie

© Copyright 2004 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/312891-Bye-Bye-Love