*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/301034-Flip-side
by fregin
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #764092
life and other extraneous info
#301034 added August 5, 2004 at 5:09pm
Restrictions: None
Flip side
Have you ever noticed how the best things always have a downside that you don't care about until it's too late?

Good food = cellulite

A night of drinking = hangover

Beach = jellyfish

A day off work = double the work when you get back

New puppy = potty training

Vacation = no more money

New clothes = no more money

Golf = frustration

Swimming = EAR INFECTIONS

Okay, I can deal with all but the last one, especially since I'm getting on a plane tomorrow to go to Chicago. I'd been having ear aches for about a week, so I finally sucked it up and went to the doctor yesterday. I left the office in more pain than I had when I went in. The sadistic bastard dug in my ear (the one that did not hurt and was not infected) until it started bleeding and I told him to stop. I had an appointment with a different doctor in the office because I knew from experience that BASTARD tended to be pretty rough with patients, but somehow, BASTARD was the one who saw me anyway.

I really expected to go in and get some drops and be on my way. I've been so pumped up about this trip, but now all I can think about is how bad the plane ride is going to be if this crap doesn't get better and fast.

After they finished irrigating my infected ear, I came home with my prescription and laid around all evening and most of the night moaning and sulking and waiting for some relief. It is a little better today, but I'm down to 17 hours before take-off. What a way to end the summer. Let's just hope this is a case of getting the bad stuff out of the way before the fun begins!




© Copyright 2004 fregin (UN: fregin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
fregin has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/301034-Flip-side