*Magnify*
    September     ►
SMTWTFS
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/297539-God-hates-me-Its-official
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #836733
Given a chance to ask (insert deity of choice) one question it would be...
#297539 added July 7, 2004 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
God hates me. It's official.
Right. So I go to karate for the first time this week only to find out that CPI has broken it off with MGK over the same weekend that Todd and I seem to be working things out.

What the fuck is up with that, aye, God? Your idea of a joke? WHAT?!

I go into class, running late, and Mr. Smith says hello and asks how my weekend went and I say faaaaaantastic! Tiff is there and we hug 'cause it's been a whole five days and I have missed her like mad. And she asks about my trip. David is standing there and a whole conversation ensues about my trip home and the drive etc. just as CPI walks up.

He asks where I went and I say Oklahoma and he's like "Really? What did you do there?"

"I saw my people and my boy and my itty bitty cutie nephew, Conlan," I said.

"Your boy?" he asks with a weird smile on his face. Then comprehension dawns and the smile seems held in place by force. "You have a boyfriend?"

I sorta half turn to Tiff who is standing there with an equally odd expression on her face. "Why does everyone seem so shocked by that?" I ask her in jest. "We were together for four years."

"But you broke up with him," she says. "You guys broke up."

I shrug. "For a month or so because he was being bad boyfriend. He's being good boyfriend now."

Then class starts, and after the general warmup and first half of learning the new form, Tiff and I get paired up to practice a hold break. She tells me under her breath that CPI and MKG broke up this weekend. I swear my leftover elation from the trip home turned to stone and dropped into my feet.

"WHAAAAT??!!" I shout. She gives me the meaningful shut-the-fuck-up-stupid-he'll-hear-you look and I lower my voice and say, "whaaaatt?! When... what... where..."

When we take a water break she pulls me aside and whispers to me that she found out because CPI told her. They broke up this weekend because he said that she was falling in love with him and even though he really liked, he didn't feel "that way" about her.

Typical guy. For a second all my sympathy lay with MGK. Then I remembered how snotty she'd been to Tiff, which is totally unforgivable in my book.

Like I said, God's idea of a sick joke.





© Copyright 2004 WestWind (UN: wwestwind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WestWind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/297539-God-hates-me-Its-official