*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/296185-I-can-play-this-game-too
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #836733
Given a chance to ask (insert deity of choice) one question it would be...
#296185 added June 27, 2004 at 11:59am
Restrictions: None
I can play this game, too.
Yesterday was not a good day. I had a bit of a nervy spaz on one of the TeaPeople, Chris. He's not a bad sort, but he's is young, and smart and would probably be considered good looking by some. He was being particularly annoying yesterday though. I hit a rough spot trying to ring up some cases (which I'd only once before) and instead of explaining what I was doing wrong, he just ran roughshod over me in typical male fashion.

I didn't appreciated that too much.

I'd been pretty much ignoring him all day. There's this girl there name Kristen#2 (there are 3 Kristens, yeesh). Who's a bit of a freckled-faced buckedtoothed duh. Complete with glasses. Now, I've always been friends with this type of person, usually because they're waaay more fascinating than your average Paris. But Kristen2 has it bad for Chris so much so that she's relegated herself to pertetual flunky status whenever he's around. "Yes Chris!" and "Giggle giggle, you're so funny Chris!" and following at his elbow everywhere he goes. It really is enough to make you puke.

It's too bad that she's wasting her time. Linda and Lauren were talking about how they know that Chris is gay, but can't come out because of his religious beliefs.

So the second that I snap at him - and you'll just have to trust me here that he deserved it for Overbearing Twittage - Kristen2 comes rushing over and stands right behind me "helping" when what she's really doing is standing almost right on top of me. Instead of backing down to this type of body language, I subtly counter it with a couple of "unintentional" body checks. It wasn't hard. She was standing so close that I just had to do normal functions like bend down to get a bag or reach over to get some paper for wrapping and I'd bump into her. Each time I did, I just looked at her until she backed away a step or two. I never said anything.

Because of Kristen2 continually being in the way I didn't get the matter resolved with Chris. I'm sure they probably discussed what a bitch I was (or am), but I can say that I don't really give a flying monkey's rainbowed backside. I might kind of like being known as the bitch for a change instead of the nice girl who gets along with everyone - take on a different persona, see if I can pull it off.

Chris will be at work today, minus his Kristen2 flunky. I bet he's sullen and pouty and won't talk. I'm going to act like nothing even happened. HeeHee! This will be fun!

Is that bad?

© Copyright 2004 WestWind (UN: wwestwind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WestWind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/296185-I-can-play-this-game-too