*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/295622-Test-test-test
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #836733
Given a chance to ask (insert deity of choice) one question it would be...
#295622 added June 22, 2004 at 3:46pm
Restrictions: None
Test, test... test
Ooer. I haven't written in so long I'm kind of cringing, expecting to be punished. I have a few minutes before the guards (my bosses) come back and check the cell (my cubicle) so I thought I'd peck out a few lines.

I feel like the Birdman of Alcatraz. Fly away birdies! Fly! Be free!

Let's see... what's been going on in the facinating life o' me? I'm writing several columns for a super secret publucation that is to be launched this week, aiming for publications at the end of July/ beginning of August. That's been kinda fun.

For the first time I felt like the retarded kid in karate class. Seriously, it's the short bus for me, fo' sho' doh. We had karate boot camp last week and I was so out of it that the first two nights I didn't retain a damn thing. 4 monthly of curriculum crammed into 4 days. Not fun. I could have tested on that last day, but I respectfully requested that CPI let me decline. I was stinking it up royally and I didn't want to muddle through it half-assed. I used dirty words like "devalued" and "meaningless".

CPI wasn't angry with me (at least he said he understood), but he thought I was ready and I know that Im soooo NOT. I'm not doing this shit half-assed. I do it right and as close to perfect as I can, or I don't do it at all.

How very Yoda.

On Friday night, BOC was cancelled and it was the last day of the kid's karate camp. CPI and Tiff met Mo and I over at Casa Bad Mexican Food to have drinks after an incredibly long and painful week. (For everyone but Mo, anyway.) We were going to kill some time until Jeanine got done with work and then go see a late showing of Dodgeball. By about 8:45pm, everyone (but Mo) was so exhausted that we were practically collapsing into our nachos. We had to call it a night because none of us could keep our eyes open.

Long story longer... Tiff went by the school to pick up CPI to bring him to Casa Food Poison. She told me later that on the brief ride over that he said I was his best student (if he only knew!), but that he didn't understand why I didn't have the confidence to test when I was ready.

READY??! I wasn't ready! And the half-assed attempt by the Ronin's, while valiant, was bad. Not that I will necessarily do any better, but I'm sure going to try.


© Copyright 2004 WestWind (UN: wwestwind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WestWind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/295622-Test-test-test