*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/289268-National-Day-of-Prayer
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#289268 added May 6, 2004 at 5:42pm
Restrictions: None
National Day of Prayer

1. A reverent petition made to God, a god, or another object of worship.
2. The act of making a reverent petition to God, a god, or another object of worship.
3. An act of communion with God, a god, or another object of worship, such as in devotion, confession, praise, or thanksgiving: One evening a week, the family would join together in prayer.
4. A specially worded form used to address God, a god, or another object of worship.
prayers
5. A religious observance in which praying predominates: morning prayers.
6. A fervent request: Her prayer for rain was granted at last.
7. The thing requested: His safe arrival was their only prayer.
8. The slightest chance or hope: In a storm the mountain climbers won't have a prayer.
9. Law.

SO, according to Dictionary.com, that is what prayer is. Look at number 9. I kidd you not, that is exactly what it looks like in the dictionary. That's all it says. :)

So, today is National Day of Prayer. The day when everyone who prays does so at noon....usually around a flag pole. But it can be at any time of the day. The goal is to swarm God with prayer requests....some say it is as if we are trying to overwhelm Him. And if that is your motivation, then bring it on. But we as Christians know that we can't overwhelm Him. He is the Alpha and Omega. Great and Mighty.

So today, my friends, I encourage you to hit your knees. Lay out your heart before Him and bare your soul. Lift up your friends, your family, your neighbors, everyone you know. Lift up your church, lay before Him your worries, pray for the youth of this nation. Pray for our nation- we need it desperately. Pray for our President. He needs wisdom, guidance......

And when you've laid it all out before Him, thank Him for the many blessings that He so graciously give us. Remember, we serve a God of love, grace and mercy. The least we can give Him is the thanks He more than deserves.

Serving Him,
Beckie

© Copyright 2004 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/289268-National-Day-of-Prayer