*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/285597-Never-again-and-I-really-mean-it-this-time
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #836733
Given a chance to ask (insert deity of choice) one question it would be...
#285597 added April 10, 2004 at 7:52pm
Restrictions: None
Never again, and I really mean it this time.
Blech.

After the last two Thursday night forays, I swore I was not going out again on a school night. (I don't actually attend school anymore, but same rules apply because you still have to get up on Friday and make good at the workplace.) I succumbed to the peer pressure like a third grader in gym class and wound up going out despite the fact that I was dead set on going home. We (Tiff, Cutie-Pie Instructor, Joel and myself) hit this Mexican restaurant that serves the world's best and biggest margs. Invited some friends (Christina & Katrina) I saw downstairs at the bar to sit with us. Intros all around. They, in turn, intro us to a couple of their friends (Sep & Geoff) who happened to wander by. I have a drink and a half - the equivalent of 4.5 shots of tequila. CPI polishes off the other half of my second marg, thank god, or I'd have been face down in a plate of nachos. C, K, S and G eventually depart.

Then we (the original group) move on to this hole bar to meet some other friends (Sarah & Jeremy) who had called and said there was some awesome karaoke going on.

Take my word for it, "awesome karaoke" does not exist. There is no way that I could ever get drunk enough to appreciate karaoke. I could be drinking straight out of a bottle of MadDog 20/20 with the paper bag still around it hobo-style and still not get drunk enough to ever get up and sing or think that the people singing have anything resembling decent vocal ability. It was a painful experience and I tried to numb the pain with a lot of vodka tonics. Sarah eventually gets up and does her rendition of "Bad" by Michael Jackson. I like Sarah, but girlfriend cannot carry a tune in a bucket. She was correct when she sang "I'm bad. I'm bad. I know it."

I came rolling home at three in the A.M. and couldn't get to sleep until 4A.M. and then got up at 7A.M. suffering from serious bad attitude. I'm super grumpy. Thank god someone brought in Krispy Kremes to work this morning.

And I'm supposed to go out tonight for a co-worker's bon voyage. And there's a birthday party I'm supposed to attend on Saturday night. The thought is making me physically ill. Or it could be because that donut is floating on top of the remaining alcohol in my stomach like a deep fat fried life preserver. Hork. I think I'm still a little drunk.

Totally broke my own rule too, about not socializing with Cutie-Pie Instructor outside of karate class. Stupid stupid stupid.


© Copyright 2004 WestWind (UN: wwestwind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WestWind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/285597-Never-again-and-I-really-mean-it-this-time