*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/285321-Its-all-an-illusion-and-I-love-it
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Book · Action/Adventure · #836733
Given a chance to ask (insert deity of choice) one question it would be...
#285321 added April 8, 2004 at 3:51pm
Restrictions: None
It's all an illusion... and I love it.
I'm realizing as I get older how much happier I am with my illusions. I've always considered myself a no- games-hard-truth-tell-it-like-it-is type of person, so this is a rather interesting revelation.

The truth is overrated.

I like my illusions. No, scratch that. I LOVE my illusions. The world is so much better with the rose tinted lenses (blinders, in my case) firmly in place. Did you know that pessimistic people tend to have a better grasp on reality than optimistic people? They did a study. The people considered "pessimists" perceive things closer to their actual state.

Here's a prime example of me nurturing illusions - my karate instructor. It's like this whole Clark Kent/ Superman thing. When we're at the school, he is ALL THAT, so fine in his black gi, amazingly talented, and incredibly encouraging. Outside the school, in regular clothes he is just a normal boy, talks too loud, is a little goofy, and kinda geeky. (I like geeky though. More on that later). What do I do? Like a rational adult, I avoid all situations where I might see or socialize with him outside of the school, even though I'm crazy about him.

It's inkblots for me for sure.

I am finally beginning to understand why Lois Lane, for all her being a very intellegent, clever woman, never could see that Clark Kent was Superman. I used to want to shake her and yell "What's the matter with you?! Are you blind?! Like you can't tell that it's Superman in a pair of glasses?" She didn't want to see it.

I don't blame her one bit.

© Copyright 2004 WestWind (UN: wwestwind at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
WestWind has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/285321-Its-all-an-illusion-and-I-love-it