*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277231-The-Best-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Friendship · #395609
Take A Look Into The Life Of Sarah As She Grows Up.
#277231 added February 2, 2006 at 7:52am
Restrictions: None
The Best Day.
It's been awhile since I've updated.
Mostly because I haven't had much to say, I've just been working hard at school and concentrating on classes.

I had the best day yesterday! It was the local university's open day. I guess I should explain what it's all about.

Basically, year 12 students from any school who are interested in attending that uni, or are just curious, signed up for it at the end of last year. We got to pick the lectures we wanted to go to, which, for me, was great because I wanted to get a range of experiences.

Okay, so I'll just go through the day.

I got up at 7:00 and had a shower, had breakfast and packed a small backpack with my mobile and other things in it. Then Mum and I picked up Kristen and drove to the uni. I was pretty nervous because we got a map at the end of last year, and it's HUGE! I'd never been inside before, so I knew we were going to get lost.
Mum dropped us off at the back driveway of the uni and Kristen and I kind of wandered up the walkway, looking around and exclaiming over every little thing. We spent awhile gushing over the child care facilities because there were all these cute kids in there.
This security guard who was checking people's IDs asked us if we were there for the open day and we told him yes. He gave us directions and we were off.

It took about 2 minutes to get to the registration hall. Let me tell you, the uni is BEAUTIFUL!! So very beautiful. It's sort of like being in the bush. It has these brown brick paths and all these trees and bushes. At least, it was like that when we walked to the registration hall.
We walked through this huge carpark and the first people we saw were these two snobs from school, but we ignored them and walked to this HUGE building where all these students were standing around, talking. There must have been over a hundred there. The proper uni students were wearing yellow and walking around chatting to people.
We had to register, so we entered this foyer and there were tables lined up with letters on the wall behind them. So I went to the letter of my last name and got my timetable off this really nice uni student who gave me a show bag with all these booklets in it.
Here's my timetable:

(9:30 am to 10:10 am)- Compulsory session. Welcome address and key information for snior students.

(10:20 am to 11:05 am)- Philosophy As A Guide To Living.

(11:15 am to 12:00 pm)- Why Baz Luhrmann's "Romeo and Juliet" is better than Drugs.

(12:00 pm to 1:00 pm)- Lunch.

(1:05 to 1:50)- Students to Students (What's uni really like?)

(2:00 pm to 2:45 pm)- Social and Emotional Intelligence.

Then I went with Kristen to register and get her timetable. We made sure we had the same classes and then went back outside because we had 40 minutes before we had to go in for the welcome address.
We sat on the steps and went through our show bags. Then Christine came over and we went with her to register. We all just wandered around until Christine went off with her other friends. A while later, she came over with this nice looking guy and introduced us.

Then it was time for the welcome address. All the students filed into this huge theatre with a big stage and listened to some speeches that were really interesting. Especially the ones by the students.

We had ten minutes to get to our class, so we followed these signs and eventually found it. Again, the uni is beautiful- it has a duck pond and everything!
Philosophy was boring. I mean, it was okay, but I wouldn't study it. The classrooms are so different. They had so many seats crammed in that have their own little table than you pull out in front of you (they're attached to the chairs).

We found the next class easily since it was in the same building. I liked this one much better. We watched some of "Romeo and Juliet" and discussed. The lecturer was really cool.

At lunch, we had to wait for about half an hour for food, but it was worth it. The cafeteria is huge plus they have a uni bar, a juice bar and a cafe sort of thing which we saw later on in the day. We got a tray of hot chips to share and a bottle of Vanilla Coke each. We sort of sat away from thr crowds but we could hear the band that was playing near the duck pond. It was a uni band and was good.
After we finished eating, we went uot near the pond and looked around. Christine, her guy friend and another girl who goes to our school came over and Christine was like "Sarah, *Todd was asking about you" and Todd was just like "shut up". Then Christine pulled Kristen away so I was totally confused as to what to say to Todd, since I'd never really talked to him. I just smiled and followed Kristen. Christine whispered to me "he likes you but he's too shy to ask you out".

I freaked out. Like I always do. But, I mean, I'd talked to him for 5 minutes that morning, and that was just swapping high schools and saying where we lived.

Nothing came of it, and I kind of regret it, but I can't do anything about it right now...

Then we went to our next class which was good, I loved it because the uni students told us about living on campus and said that we could still get in to the uni, even if we didn't get a high enough UAI.

The last class was in another huge theatre accross campus. It took us 15 minutes to get there. We saw more beautiful scenery. More ponds and small rivers and bridges. LOVE IT!

Then we went home.

Let me just say, I'm much more motivated about passing the HSC now than I ever was. I really want to get into this uni.

I studied all day for the maths assessment task tomorrow. I'm so scared because it makes up 15% of the HSC for maths. I have a feeling that I'm not going to pass, but I'm going to do my very best.

I hope we get "Briar Rose" tomorrow. I don't know why, but I want to read it.

Besides, we have an assessment task on it coming up soon which we can't do if we haven't got the book!

Wow, that was a lot of typing!!

Okay, I have to go now. I need a good night's sleep if I want to do well in the assessment task tomorrow.

Quote of the day~
Paris Hilton: What's Walmart? Do you buy stuff for walls there?
Hehe. "The Simple Life" started here tonight.
I love it so far!
~*.: Sarah :.*~

Current Mood: cheerful


~~Piper: I'm getting stalked by psycho killers and I hide in the shower!
Piper/Leo Harry/Ginny Ron/Hermione Dawson/Jen Pacey/Audrey Steph/Max Jack/Nina
Brooke/Deacon Amber/Rick~~

© Copyright 2006 Impossible_Princess (UN: duckling at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Impossible_Princess has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/277231-The-Best-Day