*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/272385-Boys-vs-Girls
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#272385 added January 10, 2004 at 1:43am
Restrictions: None
Boys vs Girls
Interesting topic eh?

Well, tonight, prompted by a conversation that I had with Melissa, I am going to post about differences. Not between the 2 genders, but of relationships that we have with those of the same sex, and those of the opposite sex.

We girls have relationships with other girls that no one can compare to. We cry with each other, and that is okay...because none of us cry pretty. Except Mandi that is. We talk about guys...and how sweet they are and what jerks they can be. We talk about girlie things...no need to say more I am sure.

Guys talk with guys about who did what last night, and with whom. What the score on the game was. How work is going. The good and the bad places to eat- yes, this actually occurs. They talk about guy issues and point of views.

Now, the mix of males and females....

I have some guys friends who mean the world to me. Certain ones, I talk to about things that I could never talk to one of my girlfriends about. (Imagine that?!?!?!?) Others, I talk to about God, and where I am in my walk with Him. Other ones I talk to about music, very few do I talk to about sports...if I do, it is because they are interested in it, and I know that. Certain guy friens, I talk to about FF games that I know nothing about, but it is big in their life...so I'll talk.

But I listen a lot too. I have a certain guy friend who knows things about me that my girlfriends do not, and never will know. I know things about this guy that no one else does or ever will know. Because we have a bond. Yes, it is possible for a friends of the opposite sex to have a stronger bond than those in the same sex. Argue my point if you disagree. Tell me how it is that I cannot be closer with a guy friend than I am with a girlfriend.

People who say that it can't happen are wrong. Maybe they'll never believe otherwise, but hey....they haven't opened up enough then. And by the way....I hope that if one of my close guy friends is reading this and they don't think it is possible...they will come talk to me. Please...because if I have called you a friend, outright, then I believe we have bonded.

Anyway...like I said...this is something that has come up an awful lot these last few days, and Melissa was asking me about it tonight. So there is it!

Love,
Bek

© Copyright 2004 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/272385-Boys-vs-Girls