*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/271626-What-I-did
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#271626 added January 4, 2004 at 2:13am
Restrictions: None
What I did
After reading a totally random online diary, I have been inspired to do something. This random girl posted a list of things she did last year, and things she wants to do this year. I'm gonna do that. Partially so that I can look at the things I have done, partially so that I can be accountable for the things I want to do. It always makes it more real when it is in writing.

Things I did last year:

*Quit my job working with people I love to better myself.

*Moved half way across the US, where I knew hardley anyone.

*Made some incredible new friends.

*My divorce became final.

*Lost weight.

*Flew on an airplane for the first time.

*Found a church where I am comfortable and welcome.

*Learned that I can indeed drive halfway across the country on my own.

*Got an apartment.

*Took a chance on love when a good number of my close friends told me not to.

*Fell in love with someone who is good to me and loves me back.

*Moved back to NY for awhile.

*Got a new body piercing.

*Got alot closer with my brother.

*Lost my best friend of 16 years.

*Served coffee to perverted truck drivers for the summer and fall.

*Moved back to MO to be around the people and church I love.

*Gained the weight I lost back. :(


Things I want to do this year:

*Successfully complete my training period for my job promotion.

*Loose some weight so I can quit dreaming about it.

*Get closer to God in my personal life, and in mine and Joshua's relationship.

*Learn not to let the over-bearing woman at church drive me up a wall.

*Figure out why some of my friends don't seem to love me like I love them.

*Make Dave dance with me. (This is probably going to be the biggest challenge on this list.)

*Buy a car.

*Go back to NY and be there when Shannon and Brian's baby is born. (I haven't missed one yet)

*Get more sleep.

*Learn to stop being a disappointment to some people.

*Think about getting another tatoo. (I said 'think')

*Get married.


So yeah. There is last year in a nut shell, and this coming year's "hope to have em happen" list. You know....there were a lot of things that happend last year that could have been a very very bad thing for me. But out of each and every one, I got a good lesson. And I have learned from them all. Most of the lessons I have learned have been very very hard on me. My emotions have been so up and down that it isn't even funny. My mind runs on auto pilot half of the time even now. My life is good now. Yeah...working so much sucks....but I had best get used to it. Other than that, things are good for me.

I'm getting close with my parents again- which is a very good and welcome thing. I have found another church that I like going to. I have met a few new "couple" friends...which is nice, on occasion, not to have your friends sitting there saying things like "get a room." Because other "couple" friends understand the need to be close to another person.
I have a family here...and believe me...if you think that I have gotten away from authority....you are dead wrong.

Anyway....I am gonna run along here...got some research to do.

Take care....and tomorrow, let's all try and be a blessing to someone else tomorrow. :)

Love,
Beckie



© Copyright 2004 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/271626-What-I-did