*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/269431-2-Baptisms-and-a-wedding
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#269431 added December 14, 2003 at 3:24pm
Restrictions: None
2 Baptisms and a wedding?
You think that could be a movie title? I think it could work. Well, that is how church went this morning. It was a busy busy day. The choir sang at both services, we had a baptism at each service and a wedding at the end of the 2nd service. Good times. Not saying anything else about that.

What I do want to say is that when someone experiences something new, you shouldn't make fun of them if they are excited about it. I say this because I just learned about some music that is very very new to me. And apparently it has been around for awhile. So, someone I know took it upon himself to be sarcastic about it, and he did it in front of others. The message behind his comment was "It's not new....it's about time you caught up." And that isn't something that I just percieved from no where. That is what a few others who were there got from it to. I know because I asked them what they thought. You know something....as harmless as his comment may have been, it hurt. And I've been thinking about it for 3 days. And it sucks.

I'm excited....okay? I am learning about new things, and enhancing my music library. Please be nice to me about it, and be happy for me.

I wouldn't pick on others about something like that. And you know....this can be very easily compared to when I learned the whole story behind Issac and where the tribes came from. Just because I didn't know the story before didn't make me dumb. But funny, when I called this person from NY to tell him about learning that story, I wasn't dumb. He was happy for me. It could be compared to that. It isn't like I've just discovered Marilyn Manson (or even Pillar). I'm talking about honest to goodness Contemporary Christian music. Something I've never gotten to experience until now. Ands that's because I don't believe that listening to anything other than a hymn will send me to hell. I've only been really listening to Contemporary Christian for a little over a year...and for those who do listen, you know that there is a ton out there to experience.

Anyways...yeah.

Things are going well....all of my friends know I am in Kansas City, so it's a good deal. No more keeping THAT secret from them. Church was great today, and the more I think about it, the more I realize that it is going to be very difficult to choose where Joshua and I are going to worship together. I think we should be worshipping together, in the same place. Not neccessarily today, but eventually.I liked his church when I went there last week, but they don't have a preacher right now. I need to be continually fed. (They are working on finding the preacher God wants there) And this morning, sitting in my church, looking around at everyone, I realized how it's not just that I love the church, and the people, but they love me to. It's going to be a tough decision.

So yeah....this afternoon, I plan on taking a very long shower, a very long nap, and maybe doing some more homework. Since it is never going to end. Ever. Or maybe, I'll just sit in this freshly cleaned bedroom, and stare at the wall. Or I could loose myself in a trance of the flames of the heavenly scented candles that lick to rim of the jar....yeah...just maybe.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day, and that everyone knows that Jesus loves them.

I hope that Terry and Paul have a very long happy marriage. I hope that Jesse can continue to surround himself by good Christian friends his age, who will hold him up if he falters and fails. I hope that Debra never looses the impact of the step she took today, and I hope those tears always remain on the rim of her eyes, as a reminder of what Christ so willingly did for us.

I hope that the Soliders responsible for capturing Saddam Hussein may rest peacefully tonight knowing they have won a victory for the United States, but more importantly, given rest to millions of people in the US and in Iraq. I hope their families know what heroes those Soliders are. But more importantly, I pray they accredit God for it. Afterall, everything that happens each moment, in each of our lives, is all His plan.


Feeling Blessed,
Beckie

"Only fear the Lord, and serve Him in truth with all your heart: for consider how great things He hath done for you." 1 Samuel 12:24

© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/269431-2-Baptisms-and-a-wedding