*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/268878-Nail-Snag
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#268878 added December 9, 2003 at 3:16am
Restrictions: None
Nail Snag
Parents...what funny little people they are. They are the kind of funny little people that are our heroes when we are about 5. Nothing is impossible to them when we are that age. For some of us, we have seen our moms make 10$ buy 2 bags of groceries...and we wonder how super mom did that. And then for others, we have seen our parents have such an important job that just how did the company survive when we got to take that really great vacation that one time?

By the time are are 12, parents are annoying. They don't know anything, and want to keep us in the house all the time. Why do we have to do chores? By 15 or 16, they still haven't learned a thing, and they are just embarrasing. Afterall, why are they still calling friends' moms to make sure that an adult will be there for the boy/girl party that someone is having?

At 18, they are just gross. You see them for what they are. You no longer see them as a hero. You no longer are igoring them (except when they are talking about how you need to learn responsibility). You just roll your eyes, and wonder if they are ever going to learn something. You're an adult now, and done with high school. It appears as though you just may know more than them.

Ah, but now you are 22, and the last few years haven't been that great for you. You've made some bad decisions, now you turn to your parents and you realize that in the last couple of years, your parents have gotten really smart. They have learned a few things. You're job is done here. You can move on. Because all of the sudden, mom and dad know something.

Or maybe you just stopped being a brat,and stopped being ashamed of who and where you came from, and YOU learned something for a change.

Ya think?

© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/268878-Nail-Snag