*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/266170-Waiting
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#266170 added November 15, 2003 at 1:38am
Restrictions: None
Waiting?
I have to know this.....why was the topic of circumcision so darn popular? I mean....seriously people. I got 104 votes as of this morning. I am going to go ahead and officially end the poll.

Here are the stats....

Just to refresh our memories....the poll was basically how many people thought that circumcision should wait until the actual male could make a conscience decision about it, and how many thought it should just be done.

The results were very close.

A nice 56% went one way, with a close 44% went the other.

56% said that it shouldn't be a choice, most of them saying that if it waited until the male was old enough, he wouldn't have it done out of fear of the pain. That it should just be done at birth.

44% said that it should be a choice. But the reasoning behind this was a trip. 16% basically said that they wouldn't want to have their "thing" cut off. My opinion on that? If you still call it a "thing" you have issues and should watch Varsity Blues for a list of suggestions. Second, it isn't cutting it off. It is a slice. Nothing like the rip we women feel upon having children. :) There's your pleasant mental picture for the day.

The general concensus over all was seriously that there is a reason that it has been done for so long, and that there can be serious infection from simple things that you will have no control over if you are not circumcised.

By the way, an interesting piece of info, a couple of the votes were from women, both voting that it should be done at birth, both saying that they had had sex with men who were and who were not circumcised, and it was more enjoyable with those who had been.


I win!




© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/266170-Waiting