*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/261009-Empty-Eyes
by Bek
Rated: 13+ · Book · Experience · #569921
Looking for Drama??? Well you found it. There's a bit of it all here....read along!
#261009 added October 11, 2003 at 9:59am
Restrictions: None
Empty Eyes
Last night, I witnessed one of the hardest things you can ever seen. Broken children. By broken children, I mean children who've never had a great home life, but are now in the slumps of their life. Who live in constant fear of if Dad is going to be sober enough to go to work tomorrow to get a paycheck, so they won't have to move. Again. It means that these children know that Dad will probably beat them anyway, so they hold nothing back, and tell him that he is an alcoholic, and please stop drinking.

Do you know what it does to one's soul to see the empty eyes of 3 boys? It broke my heart. They had nothing left behind their eyes except challenge. I think they almost want their dad to loose control just enough to get taken away. They could take the beating....and they told me that. "He can hit us again, throw us at the wall again....it doesn't matter. He could do it, and we would take it. If he would just leave after he's done, and never come back." Seriously, how sad is that?

Pray for these boys. The boys that have known me forever, and can't even remember when I came into their lives, because it was that long ago. The boys that come to me, and ask for advice because one of the 6 girlfriends found out about another one, and these boys, who can trust me with anything. Come to me when they are in need of something that Mom can't give, because Dad won't let her. Please pray for them.

Thanks in advance for your muttered prayers that you will say that will bring a sort of salvation for these boys. There is power in prayer....we all know that.

~Beckie

© Copyright 2003 Bek (UN: the_bek at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Bek has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://writing.com/main/books/entry_id/261009-Empty-Eyes